Good governance is essential to the success of any organisation. The purpose of governance at The Rose Learning Trust is to ensure it achieves its mission by:
- Setting the ethos, culture and vision
- Making decisions about policy and strategy
- Overseeing and scrutinising organisation performance
- Ensuring organisational accountability
The Rose Learning Trust has three levels of governance, to hold the CEO and Principals to account, and to ensure that the trust operates as a charity and a limited company should do.
The Members meet on an annual basis. They have an important role to play in overseeing and holding the Trustees to account for the governance arrangements of the trust.
The Trust Board meets six times a year and manages the business of the trust with a focus on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of its pupils and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the trust and making sure its money is well spent
It is assisted in this work by the audit and risk committee. This committee checks that the trust complies with all relevant legal obligations and regulations, both financially and operationally
Local Governing Bodies (LGBs)
Local Governing Bodies meet 3 times a year and examine the performance of each academy in detail holding the Principals to account.
The Scheme of Delegation sets out which functions will be delegated and this document can be found: /uploads/525/page/1025476_page_file.pdf
Click on school names to visit LGB pages.
|Name||Appointed By||Appointment Start Date||Resignation Date|
Trustees Terms of Office 2021-2022
|Name||Appointed By||Appointment Start Date||Appointment End Date||Resignation Date|
Trustees left within the last 12 months
|Name||Appointed by||Appointment Start Date||Apppintment End Date||Resigned|